Valentine's Day falls on Sunday February 14, 2016. Key weekends for getaways will be February 12-13 for couples who celebrate early and February 19-20 for couples who give the gift on Valentine's day to arrive the following weekend. Most people have work schedules that interfere with celebrating the holiday as an overnight getaway that contains a Sunday. Plan accordingly to make romance coincide with the holiday. Roses and chocolates are traditional gifts, fancy restaurants will be packed, B&B rooms with 2 person Jacuzzi tubs will be in short supply.
Here is a list of desirable gifts for your lover on Valentine's Day:
- Flowers - Red Roses are best
- Chocolates - Truffles are uncommon
- Dinner - Fine dining with steak or seafood
- Movie - 1st run in theater or Netflix in private
- Jewelry - Heart shaped or marriage proposal
- Poetry - Self written rhymes are appreciated
- Massage - relax and remove stress
- Attention - Spend time in private
- Getaway - Bed and Breakfast
Many fancy restaurants are not open on Sundays. That means that a
romantic dinner will be celebrated before or after Valentine's Day this year. Spreading the celebration day over a couple of weeks means that the lines may not be as long, the restaurants will not be as crowded, and a perfect night out might be easier to obtain. Surprise your lover a day or week early or make the promise for a romantic getaway on the day to celebrate a few days or weeks later.
"Life is good in Jonesville"